$1 per person
Bengaluru Rural district was carved out of Bengaluru district in 1986. When Ramanagara district was formed in 2007 some of the taluks of Bengaluru rural became part of Ramanagara. Tipu Sultan was born in Devanahalli, Bengaluru Rural.
Bengaluru Rural is home to Kempegowda International Airport, gateway to Karnataka. Ghati Subramanya Temple, Devanahalli Fort, Shivagange are major attractions in Bengaluru Rural. Given their proximity to Bengaluru city, attractions in Bengaluru rural are ideal for quick day trips or as a weekend getaway.
All the volvo luxury buses and premium trucks are known to be made in Hosakote.
For further information, visit the official district website click here!
- Devanahalli Fort: Devanahalli Fort was built by Mallabhaire Gowda in 1501. Devanahalli fort was later occupied by Mysuru rulers Hyder Ali and Tipu Sultan. The fort campus has large walls, bastions and a memorial of Tipu Sultan. Devanahalli fort complex is surrounded by mango and coconut plantation and also houses several temples.
- Dodda Ballapura: Dodda Ballapura is a major town in Bengaluru Rural and home to Ashur Khana monument and a big stone well. Dodda Ballapura is also home to Venkataramana, Chowdeswari, Ishwari, Janardhana, Someshwara, Kashi Vishvanatha, Arkavati, Nageshwara temples as well as several mosques.
- Hosakote: Hosakote is a pre-historic site, modern day taluk headquarters and a major industrial town. Volvo Buses and trucks are made here. Hosakote has an old fort with Avimukteshwara, Varadaraja, Anjaneya and Vithoba temples.
- Nijagal: Popular for a hill fort- ideal hiking and picnic location. The hill has multiple water springs, few temples and dargahs. Veerabhadra temple and Chennigaraya temples are the main temples in Nijagal.
- Ghati Subramanya Temple: Ghati Subramanya is a pilgrimage centre and 600 years old temple on the outskirts of Bengaluru city. Ghati Subramanya is said to be one of the few temples to house Lord Subramanya and Narasimha together. Ghati is said to be the place where Lord Subramanya performed stringent prayers (penance) in the disguise of a serpent. He prayed to Lord Narasimha to protect snakes from Garuda, Lord Vishnu’s vehicle known to target snakes. Because of this reason, Subramanya temples (including Kukke Subramanya in South Canara) are centers of worship for snake gods. Devotees arrive from faraway places to seek remedy to their problems, believed to be because of Sarpa Dosha or curse of the snake god.
- Gangavara: Home to an ancient Shiva temple. 11th century Tamil transcripts were also found here.
- Manne: Manne was the capital of Gangas and home to Kapileshwara, Anjaneya, Akka-Tangi Gudi and Someshwara temples.
- Chikka Madure: Home to Sri Shani Mahatma temple, 18 kms from Dodda Ballapura.
- Shivagange: An important pilgrimage centre in Nelamangala with cave shrines of Gavi Gangadhara and Honnadevi temples. Multiple water sources originate in Shivagange
- Vittala Mandira: The Vishwa Shanthi Ashram in Nelamangala is spread over 15 acres of land and houses some beautifully designed temples. Ashram was set up by Sri Sadguru Sant Keshava Dasji.
- Sugganahalli: Popular for Vijayanagara style Narasimha temple.
- Vijayapura: Home to Nageshwara, Chennakeshava, Dharmaraya and Someshwara temples
- Avathi: Home to Chennakeshava, Anjaneya and Ishwara temples
- Gautama Girikshetra: Small hill near Avathi with Timmarayanaswamy temple
- Kempegowda International Airport: Kempegowda International Airport-Bengaluru (KIAB) is the gateway to Karnataka. Bengaluru’s Airport is India’s third largest airport after Delhi and Mumbai. Kempegowda International Airport has direct flights to most major cities of India and 25+ international destinations. 37 different airlines operate 650+ flights carrying close to one lakh passengers each day in and out of Bengaluru airport. Bengaluru Airport handled 33 million passengers in 2019. 12 cargo airlines have moved close to 4 lakh tonnes of cargo during 2018-19. Tourists visiting Karnataka can fly to Mysuru, Mangaluru, Hubballi, Belagavi, Vidyanagara (Hampi), Kalburagi and Bidar airports within Karnataka.