$1 per person
Maravanthe wears the look of a fairyland with the picturesque Kodachadri Hills forming a backdrop to the Sauparnika River on one side and miles of unspoilt white sand on the other. Maravanthe is a uniquely positioned beach in Coastal Karnataka with Arabian Sea on one side and Souparnika river on the other. This unique combination of sea and river on each side of a highway is hard to find elsewhere and is said to be the only one in India. The golden sand, clear blue sky, swaying palm trees, and the endless shore makes Maravanthe an undoubtedly attractive tourist destination. Some major tourist attractions in and around the beach are Baindur, a hamlet 45 km from Maravanthe with a lovely beach, Ottinane with its overhanging cliffs and the Belaka Theertha Falls. Water sports at Maravanthe Beach are famous and one of the favourite activities among visitors. Outlook Traveler has rated Maravanthe as Karnataka’s most beautiful beach in 2005.
Things to do in Maravanthe:
- Enjoy the view: National Highway 66 passes through in between the Arabian Sea and Souparnika River offering an amazing view.
- Play on the beach at designated areas when safe.
- Enjoy Fresh Tender coconut at the shops by the highway
- Watch Sunset over the Arabian sea in the evenings
- Watch local fishermen venturing into the sea in their catamarans
- Visit Maraswamy Temple across the road
- Enjoy a nice boat ride across Souparnika River as you watch the sunset
- Visit Padukone village: A recently constructed bridge across Souparnika River connects Maravanthe to the village of Padukone, birth place of popular badminton star Prakash Padukone and Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone.
How to reach Maravanthe:
Maravanthe is about 420 kms from state capital Bengaluru and about 105 kms from Mangaluru (Nearest airport). Kundapura railway station (20 kms) is the nearest railway connection to Maravanthe.
By Train: Kundapura is the closest train station to Maravanthe which is about 20 kms away via Karwar Express.
Local trains stop at other railway stations close to Maravanthe namely, Senapura Station about 8.4 kms away and Bijoor Railway station which is approximately 13 kms away.
Express trains do not stop at these stations, although closeby to Maravanthe.
Taxis can be availed from Kundapura town to Maravanthe Beach which is almost 23 kms by road via NH 66.
By Air: The nearest airport by air is Mangalore International Airport to Maravanthe Beach.
Transportation Facilities to Maravanthe: Excellent public and private transportation options are available from any of the coastal Karnataka towns to reach Maravanthe beach.
Places to stay near Maravanthe Beach:
Stay options are available very close to Maravanthe beach in any of the beach resorts or home-stay facilities available in Trasi. More stay options are available at Kundapura town, 12 kms from Maravanthe.
Do plan to visit Maravanthe Beach as you drive across Coastal Karnataka. You may plan to have a quick stopover en-route to your next destination or plan an overnight stay to make the most of what Maravanthe has to offer.