HAL Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum was established by Hindustan Aeronautics Limited. The museum displays a varied collection of aircraft models, fighter planes and helicopters. The museum also houses a reference library, aircraft simulators, a mock air traffic control tower and an aeromodelling club.
What to see at HAL Aerospace Museum:
- Hall 1: Photographs showcasing growth of aviation from 1940 onwards
- Hall 2: Showcases various functions of an aircraft engine. Cross section of various aircraft engines can be seen here
- Outdoor displays: MIG-21, Kiran, AJeet, Lakshya and other important aircrafts are on display
- Library with rare collection of interesting and useful books related to aviation
- Simulator: Sit in the pilot’s seat and feel what it is to be flying like a bird.
- Gardens: A rose garden, children’s play area, herbal garden are available inside museum campus.
HAL Museum Visiting Time: HAL Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum is open on all days from 9 AM till 5 PM.
How to reach HAL Museum: HAL Heritage Centre and Aerospace Museum is located on Old Airport Road, 17 kms from Bengaluru city centre (Majestic) and 40 kms from the Bengaluru International airport. Baiyappanahalli metro station is the nearest metro to access the HAL Aerospące Museum. Old Airport Road can be reached using metro, bus, auto or taxi from any part of Bengaluru.
Places to stay near HAL Museum: Leela Palace is a luxury hotel 6 kms from HAL Aerospące museum. More stay options are available in various parts of Bengaluru city.