$11 per person
Brindavan Gardens is built on the other side of Krishna Raja Sagara (KRS) dam, in Mandya district, on the outskirts of Mysuru city. Brindavan garden attracts over two million visitors each year and a must visit for anyone visiting Mysuru.
The garden is maintained by the Cauvery Niravari Nigama (Cauvery Irrigation Corporation), a Government of Karnataka enterprise.
What to expect at Brindavan Gardens:
- Garden: Vast, well maintained botanical garden spread over 60 acres. A straight line of water fountains run at the centre. Wide range of exotic flowers and trees including marigold, bougainvillea, ficus trees, celosia can be spotted in Brindavan Gardens
- Multi terrace structure: Brindavan Gardens elevation increases as one walks closer towards KRS Dam. The elevation offers an excellent view of the garden below.
- Children Park: An area for kids
- Nursery: Nursery houses saplings of several flower plants and trees. Visitors can purchase seeds and saplings.
- Lake & Boating: Visitors can enjoy a boat ride in the lake.
- Photo opportunity: Extremely picturesque Brindavan garden has been featured in hundreds of movies and offers excellent photo opportunities.
- Musical Fountain: Brindavan garden is famous for well-orchestrated musical fountain show, held after sunset every day.
Timings to visit Brindavan Gardens:
Brindavan Gardens is open from 8 AM to 9 PM. Ticket sales close 30 min before closing time. Musical fountain runs after sunset, 6.30 PM and 7.30 PM (weekdays), 8.30 PM (weekends). It is recommended to visit just before sunset hours – around 4 to 5 PM, explore the gardens in daylight, witness the musical fountain after sunset and return.
Places to visit near Mysuru:
Srirangapatna (19 kms), Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary (16 kms) and Mysuru city (18 kms) can be visited along with Brindavan Gardens.
How to reach Brindavan Gardens:
Brindavan Gardens is 145 kms from Bengaluru and 18 kms from Mysuru. Mysuru airport is the closest airport just 25 kms away. Mysuru is also the closest train station. Taxis can be hired from Mysuru city to reach Brindavan Gardens.
Places to stay near Brindavan Gardens:
KSTDC runs Hotel Mayura Cauveri near Brindavan Gardens. Royal Orchid Brindavan Garden Palace & Spa is a luxury property overlooking Brindavan Gardens. Nearby Mysuru city has more accommodations suitable to all budget groups.